Wednesday 3 April 2013

Vichy Laboratoires Normaderm

I like to try skincare products for a few weeks before I feel i can give them a fair review. I bought these two Vichy products a month or so ago,  mainly to feed my addiction to French pharmacy brands. I have loved everything i have tried from Vichy, so with a bit of a February-lackustre complexion, I knew they'd be a good choice.

Vichy Normaderm Anti-Ageing – Anti-Imperfection – Anti-Wrinkle – Resurfacing Care 
As suggested above, this product does many different jobs, targeting fine lines, wrinkles and imperfections at the same time. I'm very conscious about ageing, though I don't use a lot of products specifically for anti-ageing, it was really the ingredients that drew me in – having previously read that LHA and glycolic acid promote cell renewal, together with Vitamin C, Vichy claim that these ingredients work well together to target the skins imperfections, such as texture and enlarged pores. To add to these brave claims, this is also paraben-free and hypoallergenic, so suitable for sensitive skin types. I have combination skin and find this product gives me just the right level of hydration, it's definitely not drying, I wouldn't recommend it for those with dry skin. It leaves my face feeling moisturised, but not greasy. The cream has a lovely rich formula and feels luxurious when massaged on to cleansed skin. I mostly use this in my evening skincare routine – it has no UV protection which I look for religiously in a day cream. As recommended, I don't use this on the eye contour area, sticking to a separate eye cream. Since using this product, my skin feels smoother and looks good, I've also found my t-zone less oily. It's a nice product, I'd definitely repurchase. It's around £15 in Boots, but I feel Vichy quality it's worth the money and it's currently on offer  here Escentual.com! 

Vichy Normaderm Exfoliating Gel Scrub
I tend to exfoliate just once a week, my sensitive skin can't take any more often than that, but once a week gives me a more glowy skin and keeps any dry patches smooth. The gel is soap, paraben and alcohol-free. The 'micro-beads' in the gel formula, when gently massaged on to damp skin remove dead skin cells and help unclog pores. I don't find the gel scratchy or abrasive like I have with other exfoliating products. For me, the best time to use this is after a shower or bath when my pores are open, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed, smooth and clean. I'd recommend to those looking for a gentle exfoliator, it's around £10 in Boots and again on offer at the moment here at Escentual.com




No comments:

Post a Comment