Saturday 20 April 2013

Time Ticks By - Gents Bracelet Watch from Sekonda

I haven't had a watch for years, my last one was expensive, I accidentally dropped it by the swimming pool and smashed the face into smithereens. After searching high and low for someone who'd mend it, and without any luck, I swore I'd never spend a fortune on a watch again. Recently, out of nowhere I've been hankering after a watch again, tired of scrabbling around in my bag looking for my phone to find out what time it is. So, I thought I'd look for a cheaper alternative to the Michael Kors beaut I've been lusting after. So, for the first time in my life I actually willingly went for the cheaper option in this Sekonda Gents Bracelet watch. I have looked at many fashion watches in stores like Oasis and Urban Outfitters, but I ended up buying in H. Samuel (I know, I think this is the one and only time I've been in this shop) as from searching for watches on the web, they had a really good and very reasonably priced range and there is a store local to me. Also, they were ale to take out the extra links on the strap (actually, removed most of the strap), so the thing stays on my wrist. I paid the princely sum of £29.99 for this watch, and i really think it looks great on. I chose the sliver colour in the end with the white face, as most of my jewellery tends is silver or platinum. Larger watches are very of the minute, so, if I'm going to save the big bucks for something classic that'll see me through more than a passing phase of mine. Here are a few more budget alternatives I've seen whilst searching:

Silver Face Casio £30 from Urban Outfitters : Retro look, perfect to add some edge to a feminine spring look

Round Dial Bracelet £40 from Oasis :  Simple, gold, classic look – would look elegant with a bit of a tan and a white shirt in summer

Round Face Analogue Bracelet Watch £35 from M&S : Gold? Silver? Can't decide – here's the perfect compromise

Are you with me or against on the masculine watch trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment