Monday 28 January 2013

Top Two High End Foundations: Nars Sheer Glow & Clarins Skin Illusion

Having already written a post on my two high street foundations, I thought I'd follow this up with a post on my top two high end favourites. I'll hold my hands up, I'm a complete foundations junkie - I'll willingly try almost anything that gets a mention in a blog, and so,I found these two gems.

Nars Sheer Glow: Light 4, Deauville
This is my absolute go-to foundation when I want to feel better about myself - it gives my skin the most amazing finish - dewy, glowy, need I bang on? This much raved about foundation gives a medium coverage, that's buildable and not at all cakey. I usually apply this with my fingers - I've tried using a brush, though find it soaks up a bit too much product. The hydrating formula sits weightlessly on the skin and covers over imperfections like redness or hyper-pigmentation, giving a light-reflecting satin finish that lasts a good 6 hours, slightly longer if I set with a loose powder. I can't praise this foundation enough, if you fancy spending on a foundation, look no further - this is the one.

Clarins Skin Illusion: 107 Beige
I was brought up on Clarins, my mum is a massive devotee of the brand and I used to "borrow" her collection of products as a teenager. So, with my inherited fondness of this make, I've tried a few of their foundations in my time. My all time favourite was their discontinued True Comfort foundation, in a quest to find a replacement, I stumbled across this beaut. This is a light and silky formula that gives a gorgeous perfecting, healthy-looking, satin finish to the skin. It just about sees me through the whole day, with a little powder on the t-zone at lunchtime. It feels hydrating on the skin and gives me that radiant glow we're all searching for. Before I finish - I can't fail to mention the fragrance when applying this, I can't quite put my finger on it but it's certainly fruity, though I can't say I notice it linger. This is a definite star in the Clarins line-up, definitely worth a go.

Do you have any top foundation recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment