Monday 11 February 2013

Revlon PhotoReady™ Cream Blush

Aside from lip products, I haven't tried much in the way of Revlon cosmetics - they've just never grabbed me, until now, well aren't these two shades just the perfect antidote for winter? I have to say, I was transfixed, I needed a new blush like a hole in the head, but somehow, I just could not leave these two zingy shades behind. There are three shades in this range, I couldn't choose between Flushed and Coral Reef , which are somewhat more vibrant than the natural-looking Pinched, so as they were on an offer, I bought them both. Who wouldn't?

The formula of these blushes is silky-smooth, creamy and feels light on the skin. It's more of a cream to powder blush, not at all greasy and very easy to blend. The colour can be built up to the desired intensity, which is a relief - nice as they look in the pot, I'm not a big fan of the clown-esque look. I've tried applying with a stippling brush but found that it was much easier just to pat the colour on to the apple of the cheek with my finger and blend out. The colour lasts well into the day, I'd only reapply if I was going out after work. The finish is somewhere between matte and satin, I can't see any shimmer, but this isn't such a bad thing and contributes to its natural finish. I think out of the two shades I bought, Coral Reef is more suited to my paler skin tone, but both are nice on, just in my case I need to use in moderation. With the packaging, it'a case of form follows function - it's by no means a thing of beauty, a transparent plastic pot with a branded lid, though it fits sleekly into my make-up bag taking up very little room at all.

In all, these are a nice alternative to the everyday staples I normally go to, they give a healthy pop of colour to my otherwise pallid winter complexion. Have you got a favourite cream blush?

No comments:

Post a Comment