Sunday 10 March 2013

Kate for Rimmel: Lasting Finish Lipstick

As someone who really enjoys a good read, when trawling through many blogs, I tend to notice certain products trending. Yes, of course, there are the latest products available and those who blog about soon-to-be released products they have been sent to review, but there are some things that just seem to be written about time and time again. Kate for Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks simply cannot be ignored, more than a year after their release, are still a very much talked about in the blogging world. I'm not entirely sold on the celebratory endorsement but I was curious about what all the fuss was about and felt it was only polite I tried them for myself.

For me, one of Rimmel London's big selling points is it's affordability, at around a fiver, these lipsticks are such good value for money. The formula is great and fairly long-lasting, maybe not the 8hrs it claims, I'd say more 3 or 4. They feel moisturising and nourishing, they aren't at all sticky or tacky on. The shade range is fantastic and there are a number of shades available in a matte finish. I picked up the following three shades and I'm seriously impressed with all of them.

Kate for Rimmel: Lasting Finish Lipstick 03
This is a nude shade, perfect for the polished look. It's not so nude it's undetectable and certainly doesn't give me that washed-out, where have my lips gone look some nude shades can. an amazing shade for everyday wear.

Kate for Rimmel: Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick 101
This pretty posey pink is perfect for spring. A light shade that brings light and life to the face, it's matte finish is perfect accompaniment to a fresh-faced dewy look and won't detract from those highlighted cheekbones.

Kate for Rimmel: Lasting Finish Lipstick 22
This bold red is a very brave move for me, I'm generally not, I repeat NOT a red lipstick girl. Well at least, I wasn't until I tried this. For me, not an everyday hue, but this deep and sumptuous red is just perfect for a night out - it will almost certainly turn a few heads!

Have you tried any of the Kate for Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. I love the new rimmel lipstick:) great blog! now following you xx
    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Aren't these lipsticks just such good value for money - just fab! Just going to take a peek at your blog now - thanks so much for the follow. x

      Delete